55 gallon stock plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my 55 is cycled thanks to some helpful advice from the community and my plans to stock are as such.

2 gold gourami's
2 bristlenose pleco
10 harlequin rasboras
12 cardinal tetras
12 rummynose tetra
2 German blue ram

I will be adding more amazon swords and crypts to add the natural look I want. More driftwood and I will be adding more rock so that the rams have their Zone.

Do you think I'll be overstocked? I'm running a fluval C4 HOB.

My last test results were

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
PH 7.6 has been consistently stable

Attachments

• image-3200674106.jpg
    image-3200674106.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2001321072.jpg
    image-2001321072.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image-328341275.jpg
    image-328341275.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3828467040.jpg
    image-3828467040.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 53
I think in a 55 ill be fine as they can establish their own territory. If it was smaller I'd only have 1. Plus having tall plants and hiding places will help.

Oh they chase each other, they are new additions so its basically establishing territory. I keep a constant eye on my tank when I'm home. I forgot to add I have a koi angelfish as well who is no larger then an American half dollar.

That actually could be a problem. A gourami and an anglefish easily can turn bad. But with 2 gouramis it is bound to end up in injury. Probably will be fine till they mature and grow. But having 3 top centerpiece fish isn't a good idea

If it turns out that way ill rehome them. The funny thing is the angelfish is best friends with the gourami's he never leaves their side.

I think the stock sounds good Nate and as stated by Charlie you could run into problems but I would just keep an eye on the fish that tend to be more aggressive. I honestly won't/can't tell you that it won't work because you never know, people have kept odder fish than that together successfully

Change in stock, no cardinals I went with black neon tetras instead due to new Canadian fish laws book the gov't

Ill probably remove one. I had originally only purchased one but my spouse bought the other one. Right now there is no issues but I am aware of the potential. Ill have to wait til the weekend to go to my lfs and return the gourami.

Back
Top Bottom