55G - rounding out stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rel3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 55g upgrade running for about 2 months now. Everything seems good. Tank has smooth gravel, some lace rock, mopani wood and fake plants. My current stock is:
1 bristle nose pleco
1 clown pleco
2 white clouds
6 sarpae tetra
3 punctatus cory
4 kerri tetras
7 khuli loach
1 angel fish

Planning to add to white clouds or kerri tetras when my lfs gets more in. Also was considering a Bolivian ram. In addition want more cory's - but is my tank bottom too full. Any other suggestions? Need some color....

to see if your tank is too full and to check compatibility issues, head on over to aqadvisor.com

assuming you still have room for more fish, I'd consider a 2nd angel. I'm pretty sure angel's like to be in pairs. I have koi angelfish which are very colorful. Also, for color, I'd go with a german blue ram over a bolivian ram (if it's compatible with everything else).

Picked up 7 gold barbs today to add some color and hopefully some activity to the mid-top of tank. Lfs said they were peaceful. Any concerns with this choice??

Barbs in general can actually be somewhat aggressive. They may work but you should watch them. Chasing is a sign of aggression and so is nipping of course

You know... the your tank is too full statement always makes me laugh.... The tank is only too full for the amount of maintenance you are willing to do... If you are ok with doing plenty of weekly water changes in the 50% or so range to keep nitrates down assuming your plants cant keep up... then having tons of fish wont hurt anything...

My 55g has this in it.

2x Bolivian rams
2x (small for now angle fish)
2x Fully grown gourami
2x Boesemanie rainbow
2x Turquoise rainbow
6x Platy
2x Pearl danio
1x Clown louch
4x Small gold barbs..
1x Cory cat

I still want to get a few more fish to finish the tank... I wanted 15 neon tetra originally but im not sure about that now that I got my rainbows.. I might add a few more cory cats and maybe some oto fish and a emerald rainbow..

My 27g hexagon has

7x Neon tetra
4x Glow light tetra
3x Celebes rainbow
3x Neon dwarf rainbow
9x nerite snails
3x Full sized gold barbs
2x Oto
1x Black skirt tetra (ive had him for years with friends but they died along time ago I don't want more )
1x Penguin tetra ( this was suppose to be a 5th glowlight but the store got it wrong so I just left him in my tank)

You catch my drift ? All my tanks are doing perfectly fine.. granted all are super heavy planted and I do 50-60% water changes every week or so. The only problem I see with your tank is you have too many bottom feeders... I wouldn't get anymore... my tanks have a a lot of fish but they are mixed with bottom middle and top fish...

I would get fish that like swimming on the top of the tank... Rainbows for example love swimming on the top/middle of the tank as do white clouds... and FYI white clouds don't like temps above 76-78f so keep the temps a tad cooler for them if you plan to get more

Back
Top Bottom