75 Gall Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I got the stand and set it up in my newly painted living room. I must say, I am quite excited. Now to get everything else that goes in it! LOL

Fish_0254.JPG

Niiiice! 8)

Need to start getting the goods ready for your future occupants! :D

Though the carpenter in me looks askance at the materials and design of the stand. But I have that jaundiced eye on all current tank stands.
Then again I buy no commercial stands anyway..I'd rather purty up a metal stock shelf. Then I know it is not going to swell , warp or bend.
And better yet..... with a shelf strentgh of 300 to 1000 I can have two tanks stacked! (It was daughter's idea but I am gonna run with it! And plan to do just that!)

Thanks all! I'm excited about it. Got goods coming in to equip it, then I have to figure out if I can find that Bio Spira stuff. If not, I have no clue what I'm going to do. I really don't want to be killing off fish again to cycle a tank. :(

The stand is not a luxury stand - but it is an aquarium stand supposedly able to hold the weight of a 75 gal. ::shrug:: I have very old and sturdy built furniture here at the house, but I was afraid to try it and ruin my old furniture. I'd hate to waste real wood...

The stand was very heavy and very tedious to put together. But I do rather like the look of it. Here's to hoping it holds. :)

The tank was PetSmart $164 on sale
The stand was from a LFS about an hour away from me - $89
So far I have 3 25 lb bags of black gravel (tired of bright colors in my gravel). I can't remember but maybe they were $14.99 ea at Petsmart?

Kerrinne said:
Got goods coming in to equip it, then I have to figure out if I can find that Bio Spira stuff. If not, I have no clue what I'm going to do. I really don't want to be killing off fish again to cycle a tank. :(

Kerrinne, you could do a fishless cycle with pure ammonia or a raw shrimp. I'm setting up my new 25g as soon as my bro arrives with it today. I think I'm going to try the raw shrimp method.

Here's an article on it:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=15

Thanks Sati, but that article refers to saltwater tanks. I don't think the shrimp would break down in the water as readily without the salt. I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom