75 Gallon Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you dose? What kind of lighting do you have?

i haven't dosed anything yet. I need to go buy some stuff but atm money is short. For lighting i am using the current usa led+ i got a few months back. Works alright but grows on the slower side. Beside that home made c02 and floramax substrate.

Hey all , does anyone have any god ideas for mid to background plants for a low light tank like mine.

DHG generally needs some dosed trace elements and doesn't normally do well in low lighting. Some low light plants include java fern, java moss, anubias nana, other anubias, crypts, hogwort... The list goes on.

DHG generally needs some dosed trace elements and doesn't normally do well in low lighting. Some low light plants include java fern, java moss, anubias nana, other anubias, crypts, hogwort... The list goes on.

yea i hear ya on the DHG though it is growing and i am seeing runners. I moved the biggest sword more to the front of the tank closer to the DHG i think it looks better and fuller there. Ill be getting some seachem stuff for the plants and i setup another home made co2 so that should help... Ill post up some pictures of the moved sword and also the pleco i picked up.

I was looking into 1 of those aqueon dual t5 lamp fixture and switching out the flouresent bulbs to the full spectrum daylight t5 since it comes with a colormax. Whats everyone take on that idea to boost up my light power?

Off topic but funny story. I went to petsmart to grab some things and i notice there was a big sale so i was open to see what they got and get a fish or two. The stock was mostly a little of live bearers and chiclids so i decided to get some plecos since i have some much needed algae to take care of. Heres whats funny i notice the small plecos on sale from 4 to $1 but there was only one, so i look into the tank on the right labeled medium pleco's BUT there not on sale and cost $7. So i told the lady i would like to get more then 1 but im not going to spend a dollar on 1 and then pay 7 every time after the first one when the small pleco was equal if not a tiny bit bigger then some in the medium tank. She says she understood and would ask the manager. So the manager comes and says oh if its in the tank it has to sell for that price. I told her i would be willing to take 3 of them and she still didnt budge so i said ill just take one $1 pleco then. Lol shame i would of liked the other 3 also.

New German blue ram

Hey guys here with another update. Almost fully stocked with the fish i want. So as it stands heres the stock and what i want to add.

1 Angel fish.
1 Bolivian ram
1 German blue ram
6 red skirt tetras
3 albino Corys
2 platy ( Don't want them in the final stock but will not get rid of them unless i find another tank )

10-15 ghost shrimp.

I want to add 6 more Tetras but the glo version of the white skirts and maybe 4 more corys then maybe some more shrimp and i will be done stocking this tank. The only last thing to do would be update lighting and add more plants. Pretty excited i never thought i would get this far ahah.

Attachments

• IMG_20140306_170558.jpg
    IMG_20140306_170558.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20140306_170652.jpg
    IMG_20140306_170652.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20140306_170816.jpg
    IMG_20140306_170816.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 44
Sounds nice :) Big cory groups are fantastic. I'd love to have a shallow tank that has a lot of floor space for just cories.

Looks really good, you should post more pics of the overall tank and give more details about what plants substrate and such. I am starting a similar project.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom