A successful Fishless Cycle - Now to the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartyMA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, patience has paid off! My cycling numbers are what they should be and I believe all is ready. I am off to my not so LFS for whatever I can find for my tiny tank. Not to worry...I do have some fishes in mind. I will not be putting discus into a 6 gallon. It may not be anything more than one betta which was my intent from the beginning, anyway. To everyone who is losing their minds over fishless cycling...just stick with it. The tank will cycle eventually. Mother Nature will not be rushed.

MartyMA said:
Well, patience has paid off! My cycling numbers are what they should be and I believe all is ready. I am off to my not so LFS for whatever I can find for my tiny tank. Not to worry...I do have some fishes in mind. I will not be putting discus into a 6 gallon. It may not be anything more than one betta which was my intent from the beginning, anyway. To everyone who is losing their minds over fishless cycling...just stick with it. The tank will cycle eventually. Mother Nature will not be rushed.

This will help

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

Finally have some fish! four hasbrosus cories, one CPD and a really nice half-moon male betta. The cories are very active. The LFS only had one CPD but I bought it anyway. Super tiny fish. I need to find more just to give it some company. I am lacking some color right now. I need to try to find something small that will pop. Anyway, happy that things are taking shape.

Thanks Hholly...I had not considered any badis for such a small tank. I like the color of the dario dario but am concerned about compatibility with the betta. He owns the tank, of course, no matter who or what is in with him. Do you know if there will be a potential conflict or bullying?

Back
Top Bottom