Adding New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added 2 long-finned rosy barbs to the 30-gal. They look small compared some of my larger (older) fish like by Giant Danios. Yo-yo bothered them some last night but not today. They'll grow into it!

Had 1 guppy die this week:(. First fish I've lost since I lost a few when cycling the first tank over 6 months ago. So, replaced with 2 more colorful guppies and 3 cory cats:D. So far, all is well!

Not planning on adding any more fish to either tank.

Neighbor did give me a small (8-10 gal) tank for my bettas. Need to clean it up good and get all the accessories (divider, cover, light, filter/pump, heater, etc.). So, another project!:)

The 10 gal. tank that your neighbor gave you , I take it was just the aquarium itself . What did he/she use it for ? If it was for fish then you will fine .But if he/she had small animals/reptiles in it , you will need to strip out all of the seals and re-seal the glass . The urine from the animals will soak into it and kill off your fish .

Learned this the hard way when I first started keeping fish .I was given a 20 gal. , bought all the accessories for it , stocked it and my fish kept dying off .I only asked the above question because I found out later that the people who gave the 20 gal. to me kept rats in it , this is why it had no equipment/accessories that came with it , and if I knew that before hand it would have saved me some fish and stress .

Back
Top Bottom