Adding water after water change-- different question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joedarat

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you guys use to treat the water that goes into the tank? I use NovAqua , is that enuf to take care of it? I do about 30% water change every 2 weeks.

I also use Amquel, because there are chloramines in my tap water. (I think the water co. mostly adds chloramine in the winter but I add Amquel all year to make sure.) Use Novaqua to dechlorinate some tap water, then do an ammonia test on that water. If you get an ammonia reading (my reading was .25) then you have chloramines.

Add Amquel at the dosage that the bottle says. If you follow the directions on the bottle for your tank size, and then only treat your new tap water at a water change, you won't hurt the cycling bacteria.

I personally would suggest you do 25% water changes every week.

I'm a firm believer that smaller, more frequent water changes are a lot better then bigger changes every 2 weeks.

BTW, I only use wardley chlor-out.

I use TAPWATERby Aquarium Pharmaceuticles. It treats chlorine, chloramines and metals. It only takes one drop per gallon.

Back
Top Bottom