Adventure Aquarium Store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with these stores? I moved back to chicago area this week and went to the one in bolingbrook. It looked pretty good from what I saw. All fish were fairly healthy and had a large selection. After I found out it was a franchise store I got a little worried though.

Has anyone had any experience with these stores? I moved back to chicago area this week and went to the one in bolingbrook. It looked pretty good from what I saw. All fish were fairly healthy and had a large selection. After I found out it was a franchise store I got a little worried though.

I've been there, they definitely have the best fw selection in the western burbs. Most of the employees know very little though, and they will tell you what they think you want to hear, so take any advice with a grain of salt. All in all pretty good store, but a little pricy at times. They do get the best plecos I've seen though, so if you like the exotics, definitely a great store.

Thanks for the advice. I was disappointed with how much the staff knew. Especially since their website claims they hire marine biologists haha

Just got home and decided to look up Adventure Aquarium in Bolingbrook. Turns out its another location for the Aquarium Adventure that I go to.
Ive had a similar experience with the staff. Some of them are pretty good, but a few of them still adhere to the "Inch per gallon" rule. There's one guy thats super knowledgeable about plants, so I only go there on days he's working if I have questions about or am looking to buy some plants.
The key is to figure out who knows what and only talk to the ones that seem to know more than the others. :cool:
I'll have to check out the Bolingbrook location sometime and see if its any different.

I've bought most of my fish from AA in Bolingbrook. I've not bought plants there, but they do have them by region and in fishless tanks. Check their Web site for coupons or sales. I got my x-ray pristellas there for a dollar each on sale.

Also don't discount a store just because it is chain. My closest PetSmart is very clean. Sadly there is a smaller selection but what they have is very good and they are very handy being so close. Check out and evaluate the individual store.

Back
Top Bottom