Advice, Again x3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphira

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hai Everybody and good day to you all!!!

So Ive been wondering A LOT about lightbulbs and all that comes with it! I have a 5 gallon with a hood thing, a 25 watt lightbulb fixed into it. Anyone know how long, everyday, I should leave it open for?

Another few questions:

1. How much food should I give 5 Neons? Are flakes better?
  2. How many times should I feed Bobby the Oto cat his sinking food pellets cause the Neons nibble at them too?
  3. What is the best food to feed Neons?
  4. Is it normal the neons eat Bobby`s food too?
  5. Anyone know about an inexpensive lightbulb that doesnt affect the water`s temperature?

Thanksssss everyone!
:fish1:

I believe that Otto Catfish are supposed to be kept in groups, otherwise they will feel uncomfortable. They are supposed to have a sufficient amount of algae in their diet, which can grow on your decorations and what not, with the help of a light. :) Sorry I couldn't help with your other Q's.

I'd say just feed them a high quality flake food. Try to distract your neons by feeding them flakes then drop a pellet in to your Cat. Yes it's normal that they eat the pellets, they will eat about anything haha. Sorry I'm not good with lighting.

Also.. try not to feed every day, it just makes your life hard. More food = more poop :). Every other day is fine.

Back
Top Bottom