Aggressive Silver Tip Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJudd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 260l heavily planted tank with a mix of tetras (black neons, red phantoms, glow lights, Silver tips), 7 harlequin rasbora and a rogue 2" rainbow. A bristle nose plec and 6 corys. The Silver tips chase and fight each other. And 'scare' the other fish. Evening viewing was not relaxing the ST's have damaged mouths and I have removed them to the QT. What a transformation. The main tank is calm and serene and joy to watch. My rogue rainbow had fallen for the corys and guards them when they are feeing. Feeding is a joy as all fish come to join in, even the bristle nose, although he flicks the RCS off he back like a cow swishing away flies. But can anyone venture a thought on the aggressive behaviour of the ST's. My QT is like a battle ground. They are so NOT going back into the main tank. Steve.

How many of them is there? They should be in groups of at least 5. Usually the more there is the less aggressive they will be towards other fish because they will bicker amongst themselves.

Hi. I have 9 and they do bicker with each other but they seem to be affecting all the other fish which had become withdrawn. Now the STs are out if the main tank all the fish are using all of the tank instead of grouping behind plants and bog wood. I can't believe the difference in the behaviour of the fish in the main tank. They are confident and serene. Lovely. I shall be looking for a new owner of the STs, someone with more boisterous fish.

Back
Top Bottom