Albino Cory query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I've noticed that all but one of my four albino Cory's don't have any eyes. Is this normal. Check out my pics ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391972066.243024.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391972087.625546.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391972066.243024.jpg

No it's not normal. It may have hatched that way or lost it's eyes due to injury. It's a handicap but most fish do fine without their eyes. Just be sure it is finding food and eating.

Poor fish :(

From another thread: This is due to chinese algae eaters in the tank.

No it's not normal. It may have hatched that way or lost it's eyes due to injury. It's a handicap but most fish do fine without their eyes. Just be sure it is finding food and eating.

Do you think they will be ok??

They are eating. I've noticed them eating algae wafers.

Should I get rid of the Chinese alfae waters

I would get rid of the Chinese algae eaters honestly.

Agreed. They are easily one of the worst fish I've ever seen marketed as a community fish. Couldn't imagine how bad they would be once they reach 10" long.

Yah it's bad they are interesting though. When kept with large aggressive fish that can't eat them they behave themselves.

When I got them I wS told they r good in community tanks. I'll go to my lfs and see if they'd take them back

Yeah I will. The shop has a traffic light system so all tanks with a green spot are community fish. Etc. etc. it wasn't my usual shop though. The one I normally go to are very good. I wanted to get an orange tailed shark for my tank and they showed me how big they get to and asked what else I've got in my tank and told me not to get one.

Poor little guy!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look fine to me. These are my little guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391988986584.jpg
    1391988986584.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 1391988998379.jpg
    1391988998379.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 55
Mine have eyes but I am pretty sure they are blind. Thy don't react at all to the pest molly that likes to spook Cory cats for fun. They have a great sense of smell and find the wafers just fine, though.

And, ITA on returning the CAE. They're not nice fish. Get some nerite snails or a small variety of pleco or otocinculus if you want algae eaters.

Back
Top Bottom