Algae problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So u have a betta tank that is going through an algae problem would like to see what people would do...the only reason I ask is because I can handle algae on glass but I have a lot of slate and I want it off of there

10 hours....i have a lot of slate and I can't take the rocks out

Cut the lighting down to 8 hours a most! :) if you don't have any live plants, try a black out for a few days to kill the algae

Still try cutting the lighting down to 8 hours a day, two 4 hours periods work good!

xfactor6699 said:
Yeah I have plants so thee black out can't happen...

A blackout is fine in a planted tank. Plants get shipped every day in total darkness for long periods of time. They might look a little rough afterwards...but it won't be the end of the world for them. IMO it should make them grow even stronger after because the algae (if destroyed) won't be as much of a competing source for nutrients.

I am usually guilty of having my lights on too long but, 1 nerite snail per 5 gals should keep the tank pretty spotless.

siva said:
I am usually guilty of having my lights on too long but, 1 nerite snail per 5 gals should keep the tank pretty spotless.

I thought about snails but have no lid....one other thing what eats what I believe is also hair algae (i think)

Back
Top Bottom