Am i fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtic11

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29 gallon (30lx12wx18h) that is semi planted. I have an aqueon 75 HOB filter and the following fish..

2 Bolivian Rams
8 Neon Tetra
6 Serpae Tetra
4 Peppered Cory
1 Albino bristlenose pleco

Is it fully stocked? All these fish are bottom-mid level fish and the top of the tank looks baron. Was hoping to add like 4 scissor tail rasboras to occupy that top level.

I would say it's a bit heavily stocked for something as large as a scissor tail rasbora.

You can try checking your stock list on AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor and fiddle around with it a bit to see what is good for your tank. It gives approximate stocking levels for your fish and is a fairly good calculator for it.

I checked it the other day and it said my stocking level was at 107% and that I had plenty of filtration. But I have less fish than some people had originally suggested stocking on this site so I thought I'd double check with the experts. I know sometimes overstocking can work if you keep up with the maintenance but I didn't realize how big the scissor-tail got until you replied first. Everything is going good with the tank now so I think I'll leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom