An empty 20 gallon tank- any ideas?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

physicsdude

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi- after the heavy losses due to the "October surprisr storm" in Buffalo, I now have a completely empty 20 gallon aquarium, measures 24"Lx12"Wx`16"H. I am having trouble deciding on what to house in it, so I would appreciate some suggestions! All are welcome and all will be appreciated! Here's your chance to to fantasize about setting up the tank you dream of. So, let's get it on!

2 pearl gouramys and 6 raspbora hets in a planted tank. That is what I would do.

a pair of anomalochromis thomasi (dwarf jewels). and some red eyed tetras (Arnoldichthys spilopterus).

Shelldwellers

Or Dwarf Puffers

and with the DPs you could do a nice heavily planted tank also - double the pleasure, double the fun

Well, a friend has offered me to raise 6 1" African Malawi Blue Dolphins in the tank. m Looks like that's what will happen in the short term...Thanks for the suggestions!

About 10 different colors of fancy guppies, live plants and nice driftwoods will make it real colorful and nice. :D

Thanks for the replies! I really like all the sauggestions! Its a shame I dont have as many tanks to enact the fountain of ideas flowing here! Its a 20 gallon high actually clubsuper. i ahve considered severums in the past, but they seem to get too big for my tank. The malawi fish are out- they get too big! So please, keep up the flow guys and keep suggesting!

Plant it up heavily and then add:

8x Black Neon Tetra
3x Botia Striata
2-4x Porthole Livebearer

I love the fancy guppy idea. But I'd still do Dwarf Puffers - they've quickly endeared themselves to me, and I love the look of the "jungle" that they have for a tank.

Those pics look awesome. If you go that route I wish you the best of luck. Cardinal tetras are often very difficult to keep IME, but there's no denying a nice school of them would look great with a school of pygmy or panda corys. I also like the black neon tetras, and I think a planted tank with black neons and an apistogramma species would be great too, but of course dwarf puffers is a sweet idea too. BTW you're absolutely right about the severum- there is no way I would put one in a 20 gallon; IMO they need a minimum of 50 gallons.

wow, those ARE pretty tanks .... of course, you COULD have the same planted look with the DPs LOL
seriously - if you like watching fish behaviors and want to be amazed at how much "brain power" can be built into a 1" fish, I'd look into the Dwarf Puffers

Back
Top Bottom