Angelfish aggression HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a angelfish yesterday. He is pretty, but i also have another angelfish and a festivum in the tank (a 75g tank). The festivum isnt the nicest of my fish but this new angel is getting chased at like no tomorrow by the other angel and the poor guy can only find shelter in his little corner of the tank were it is bushy. He has only been in there for a day or so, will it go away. Because this guys ia a veil angel and the other isnt so he is chasing and i dont want him to start nipping. Will the aggression go away or do i need to find a new home?

Also i am going back to get more angelfish next week, if i get more will it spread the aggression? Poor guy is craped up in the corner.

EDIT: they are both quarter size and the festivum is about half dollar size.

if they are both the same size they are prob working out the pecking order.

Remove the aggressive Angel, rearrange the tank, reintroduce aggressor several hours if not days later. Make him the newcomer.

Obliterate old familiar territory, separate the tank into 2-3 distinct zones, break lines of sight (outta sight outta mind).

Back
Top Bottom