Angelfish and gouramis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello there...i have bought from 5 days ago 1 blue gourami and 1 yellow gourami and 2 angelfish would they be fine together? my tank is 100 cm length and 70 cm height and 44 width (80 gallon)

Tbh probably not... The gouramis will rip the angels apart over time.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The angels should actually be ok. Gouramis are generally peaceful with other species, they may sometimes fight with other Gouramis over territory but it's not very common. I would also recommend adding another angel, they do best in odd groups such as 3, 5, 7, etc.

This is only true when they have other gouramis to focus their aggression on. I have 4 pearls and 1 blue gouramis I would never put an angel in the tank it would be destroyed

Oh thank you guys :) i added another angel today and their agressive are less now :) im gonna add another angel later :) iam really happy with ur positive comments and i thought i should throw my gouramis away

You mean rehome them right?

Yup. but i don't want to do that :s

I have a dwarf gourami with two angels and have never had a problem out of them at all the only times I have ran into problems is when I have had more than one gourami in a tank they have always ended up fighting.. And them having to give away one of them! As far as other gourami species I don't have to much experience

Iam really tired of them to be honest my angels are always fighting and kissing each other(im sure they are not mating) it could be possible that they are new? and they are nip fin each other :(

How many fish do you have in the tank? Could be that their aggression is related to being over crowded.. Or could be that their new and trying to establish dominance..

I have 2 angels a blue gourami and a african leaf fish with other fish and they do fine in my 55 gallon they hang out close to each other never had any trouble . But I did have a gold gourami and the blue killed him

Gourami males cannot be kept together unless you give them females to hang out with. I have five females to three males right now, and they get along just dandy (all dwarfs in a 65g). You should have at least three females to the first male, then at least one female for each additional male.

Gourami males cannot be kept together unless you give them females to hang out with. I have five females to three males right now, and they get along just dandy (all dwarfs in a 65g). You should have at least three females to the first male, then at least one female for each additional male.

(y):fish1::fish2::angel:

Such rubbish, gourami's make good tank mates with angels. I keep 3 angels with my two kissing gourami's and two blue gouramis for 2 years and never ever bit or ripped my angel fish's fins.

Such rubbish, gourami's make good tank mates with angels. I keep 3 angels with my two kissing gourami's and two blue gouramis for 2 years and never ever bit or ripped my angel fish's fins.

I didn't think the fin nipping the angels was the problem but more the having more than 1 male dwarf gourami is where i believe the concern came in.. IMO i would not keep more than 1 dwarf gourami.. as i have had many different sets of two males and each time one was killed.. just my on personal experience

Back
Top Bottom