Angelfish together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty280

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two angelfish that have outgrown a 20 gallon tank. I am going to move them into a cycled empty 40 gallon planted tank. The two angels are not a mated pair. So they are friends/enemies depending on the day. I would like to add a few more angelfish when I place them into the 40 gallon because I heard angels do better in small groups. The angels are a little bigger than a half dollar coin each. Any suggestions about the possible move and additions?

Dusty280 said:
I have two angelfish that have outgrown a 20 gallon tank. I am going to move them into a cycled empty 40 gallon planted tank. The two angels are not a mated pair. So they are friends/enemies depending on the day. I would like to add a few more angelfish when I place them into the 40 gallon because I heard angels do better in small groups. The angels are a little bigger than a half dollar coin each. Any suggestions about the possible move and additions?

My suggestion is to add 2 more the same size, then hopefully two will pair, and then I would re-home the other two... Then you can add so compatible fish that can get along with the Angels....
This is my opinion.

If you do it at the same time you could add another one or two. Put all the angels in at the same time so they all have a fair chance at setting up territories and a pecking order. I agree the new ones should be the same size.

Back
Top Bottom