Any idea what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
This came in the bag with my rams. I just threw it in the tank and it hasn't died yet. If I remember correctly, it was just floating around in the tank at the lfs, and it was long. This is just a bit.

If they are leaves, they look like the top of a hygrophila polysperma stem.

What store do you go to? Ever been to the Fish Gallery?

Yep, those are leaves, and what look like roots under it. Never heard of the Fish Gallery. My lfs of choice is Extreme Marine.

That almost looks like a Java moss plantlet that came off of a parent plant but the leaf structure doesn't look quite right. If you wedge it in some rocks or wood it should take off and grow if it's Java moss. In any case it will be interesting to see what it develops into :)

To me, it looks like green hygrophilia (HYGROphila polysperma), that's lacking nutrients and has discolor'd to yellow.

If you look closely the roots under it are white, just like aerial roots from hygro...not brown and fuzzy like a java fern (though I agree the leaf shape is consistent with a java plantlet). Plus you say it was long-stemmed at the LFS fish tank it came from.

Back
Top Bottom