Any pretty/colourful hardy starter fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I'm not going to. My nextdoor neighbour has an 80 gallon with a rainbow shark and he thinks its still to small

Have you thought about a dwarf puffer. they are unique and do well in a 10 gallon.

A pair would actually be fine in a 10g, although they are not good starter fish or community fish.

I heard that two females are fine it's the males that aggressive. Anyway they are the only things in the tank thinking of getting 2 sparkling gourami next week :)

red wag tail platies. They respond well to high quality food and color flakes. I have four--bright red with dark black tails and dorsal fins. (Be picky) Also, each one has its own personality--a social female who shoots to the front of the tank whenever I come into the room, a shy female who hides in a cave most of the time, and a beautiful male who tries to keep the women happy, but the gals all have their own lives.These fish don't school. They are individuals. If you think that naming fish is for people who need to get a life, you haven't had a platy.

red wag tail platies. They respond well to high quality food and color flakes. I have four--bright red with dark black tails and dorsal fins. (Be picky) Also, each one has its own personality--a social female who shoots to the front of the tank whenever I come into the room, a shy female who hides in a cave most of the time, and a beautiful male who tries to keep the women happy, but the gals all have their own lives.These fish don't school. They are individuals. If you think that naming fish is for people who need to get a life, you haven't had a platy.

But platies have a large bio load

Back
Top Bottom