Any type of shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bblacrosse

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need shrimp for my tank, to clean and look cute! I prefer brighter colors. Please help me!

What size tank? What else is in it?
Amano shrimp are good algae eaters and they big/fast enough to survive larger tankmates. Dwarf shrimp like rcs or bee shrimp are good little cleaners, but stay small so they can get eaten by bigger tankmates.

are you looking for freshwater or saltwater shrimps?

Red Cherry Shrimp are the obvious choice they are very briht red and are beautiful but Bee shrimp or Crystal red shrimp are also very nice looking bright shrimp

I have RCS in abundance, but I dont know how well they would travel to MN at this time of year. I would be afraid of them freezing before they got there.

Crystal shrimp are hard to keep. They have pretty particular needs as far as water parameters. I also find that RCS really are not great cleaners. They look great but I don't see any reduction in algae in my tank since adding them and I have quite a few in there. It's a 75g shrimp only tank so you can imagine. I'd get ammanos or snails if you are looking for clean up. Get RCS if you want decorations.

+1 on more of a decoration item. The main things to consider are the fish you have, your water parameters and your budget. Shrimp vary greatly in care and price from rcs to tiger/crystal and all in between.

Back
Top Bottom