Anyone keep blood parrots with juvie plecos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyndaB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know that my BPs will slurp any small fish like spaghetti. Sadly, I learned from experience.

I recently got two small bristlenose plecos that I bought for the BP tank, however, I'm growing them out a bit in the community tank to give them the opportunity to beef up to unslurpable size. :D

Was wondering if any of you keep the two species together, or any pleco species with BPs, I guess, and at what size you determined they were safe to go into the tank.

:thanks:

That sounds about right.

One of the bristles is larger than the other by a decent bit. Not sure if he hits the 3 inch mark, but that's probably a good size. It helps that the plecos bodies are a little chunkier than the species I've seen the BPs consume.

75 gallons.........

I know that BPs are slow growers, but mine haven't shown any real growth in the couple of years that I've had them.

I have bps in my 125 with otocinclu, small bristlenose plecos, long fin danios and rose barbs and haven't had a casuality at all. They all have been in there since may

Thank you for your response. Nice to know the experience others are having.

Welcome. I also have a pair of Bolivian rams, a few gold sevrums, black ghost knife, and a golden dojo loach. They all get along. Soooo funny to watch the loach body check other fish out of the way at feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom