Anyone used nutrafin aqua plus out of date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Above please answer asap my friend did a water change with it and it was 5 months out of date she's panicking and I don't know if it's going to be ok???

How much of a water change did she do and how big of a tank is it?

I have never used this particular brand. But, from my small amount of chemical experience thus far, it should not be harmful itself, but I doubt if it did much of anything to dechloronate the water.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
How much of a water change did she do and how big of a tank is it?

I have never used this particular brand. But, from my small amount of chemical experience thus far, it should not be harmful itself, but I doubt if it did much of anything to dechloronate the water.

70-75% 39.gal (US)

Of course.

I can't find what is the actual ingredient in Nutrafin that does the dechlorinating. Apparently what is in like Prime does not expire? I'm not sure how much validity is in that or just that the expiration period is much more extended. Just something I read over on other forums.

The bottle of Nutrafin dechlor I have doesn't name a substance...

All is ok she kept them separate in a bucket of the previous tank water and now I have them until she sorts out the tank

My understanding is... Chemicals, like medications, don't go "bad" but they lose potency. Might be wrong though, call the company and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom