anyway to make my water changes easier?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out plants first!

Plants growing out the top would be useful to help clean water!

The Chinese Evergreens have some toxic parts as do many house plants, check out what they might be so you know what you are doing, as the Goldies eat lots of plants and roots. I used Arrowhead house plants (Syngonium podophyllum NEPHTHYTIS,) and my fish were fine.

Many times the grocery store has a water dispenser which makes RO water and the price is usually reasonable, you could mix half and half water. Having your own filter would be better. Goldies require a little extra care, you are a good care taker to do what you have to to keep it good for them!

Free craigslist stuff and sometimes office furniture is something people can hardly give away and usually you can get a file cabinet or credenza for next to nothing. You can always make some offers on things. Also maybe a larger tank, people give away 55G all the time with stands...

On a positive, you won't need to join a gym to get/stay fit! I hope you can get some good help.

Plants growing out the top would be useful to help clean water!

The Chinese Evergreens have some toxic parts as do many house plants, check out what they might be so you know what you are doing, as the Goldies eat lots of plants and roots. I used Arrowhead house plants (Syngonium podophyllum NEPHTHYTIS,) and my fish were fine.

Many times the grocery store has a water dispenser which makes RO water and the price is usually reasonable, you could mix half and half water. Having your own filter would be better. Goldies require a little extra care, you are a good care taker to do what you have to to keep it good for them!

Free craigslist stuff and sometimes office furniture is something people can hardly give away and usually you can get a file cabinet or credenza for next to nothing. You can always make some offers on things. Also maybe a larger tank, people give away 55G all the time with stands...

On a positive, you won't need to join a gym to get/stay fit! I hope you can get some good help.

I was thinking of that. My local fredmyer has alot of house plants and I looked at some while I was there just now. I have room because part of my tank is open anyway due to my filter. I hear lucky bamboo does well too and walmart carrys that stuff all the time. Just got to find a way to make it hang in the water.

I have a desk at my house my mom says I can use to this weekend my dad my boyfriend and I are gonna move the tank up there. When I move out sometime next year I'm gonna buy a 75gal for them. I'm gonna be moving across country so I want to wait until then to invest in a larger tank. That way I dont have to drag this one with me.

The root systems are key, lots of roots and bog plant varieties are going to be best options. People give plant starts away for free too, make a posting in the free section of cl or other free place!

Breeder boxes work great too. Thats where I keep cuttings for future plantings.

What soil can I use? I'd rather not spend a ton of money. I just bought a bunch of aquarium stuff and am having too buy more stuff for my boyfriends new tank. Any normal potting soil thats safe to use? Could I just use dirt out of my yard?

I do this! I can't believe I didn't even think about that haha. I use white ribbon plant because I like it, but there are better plants. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-912663390.jpg
    image-912663390.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 44
I do this! I can't believe I didn't even think about that haha. I use white ribbon plant because I like it, but there are better plants. Here's a pic

That looks great but idk. I just bought a brand new aquaclear 70

You can use any old filter you have, I wouldn't do it on an AC since it doesn't separate media, but you can pick up an aqueon quietflow 10 for like $12, that's what I had them in I just switched them to my penguin since I got a new fluval 406

You can use any old filter you have, I wouldn't do it on an AC since it doesn't separate media, but you can pick up an aqueon quietflow 10 for like $12, that's what I had them in I just switched them to my penguin since I got a new fluval 406

Thats not a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom