Aquarium heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have some goldfish outside in a 70 gallon pond. For the next couple days the temp is suppose to drop to 1C. I would like to put a heater in the pond to keep the fish warmer but I don't have the correct size heater. The heater I have is 200w and I was wondering if I can use that in the pond temporarily as I don't want to go out and purchase a new one just for the next few days.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you heat it to 4-5c, that would probably do the job I think. But the minimum setting on most aquarium heater is no lower than 70F. It's going to stay on forever...

If you heat it to 4-5c, that would probably do the job I think. But the minimum setting on most aquarium heater is no lower than 70F. It's going to stay on forever...

Are you recommending i turn it to the lowest setting?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No I'm not. I'm just saying that you will be attempting to heat well over 20c differences which I think 200w won't be sufficient, so the heater will just be always on, possibly breaking it?

Back
Top Bottom