Aquarium Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
As a general question, do people keep mostly community tanks here? Are there some people who have just predatory tanks?

I have the majority of my tanks stocked with aggressive CA/SA cichlids, no predatory fish for me. Unless you consider the occasional murder by one of them as predatory but to me it's usually territory issues not instinct.

I keep community fish except the puffer.... I leave the predation for my reptiles.

jetajockey said:
I have all kinds of tanks, mostly community friendly fish though. I have a few predatory fish but still undecided what to do with them, will likely get rid of them.

What predatory fish do you keep?

Shucks. I was hoping you'd say you had a butis butis...been searching high and low for one of those fish :( I am defeated...

Shucks. I was hoping you'd say you had a butis butis...been searching high and low for one of those fish :( I am defeated...

They are rare but not impossible to find, from time to time they pop up at a LFS. I've also seen them for sale on MonsterFishKeepers.com in the sale section, there was a user named Fishboy that was selling them at one point too. Most people end up killing them as they get older from keeping them in fresh water instead of brackish from what I hear from the LFS employees.

Back
Top Bottom