Aqueon Evolve...any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends, which one were you looking at, and what are you wanting to do with it?

It depends, which one were you looking at, and what are you wanting to do with it?

Oops, forgot to post a link. Sorry about that, i'll add it. I was considering getting it for my brother sometime. His betta needs an upgrade. Right now he is in a 1 gallon tank. I thought the 4 gallon would be best for a betta alone, but he might want other fish in there so the 8 gallon one is also an option.

I would think for just a betta, they would be great. I would not put a lot of faith in the filter or the light for much more than that.

I would think for just a betta, they would be great. I would not put a lot of faith in the filter or the light for much more than that.

OK. I thought the filter would be cool because it has a built in sump... It's not like the usual HOB quiet flow filters.

Really it doesn't amount to much more than an HOB. It is kind of like just having a built in HOB on the tank.

Looks nice. Remember, Bettas are jumpers. You will want to use the lid. In the pic the lid looks kind of frosted and that will dim the light some.

I am still not sure about this-I might go with something cheaper. I am not sure he even wants this, and he may get upset with me for deliberately buying something that I want. (Well, it is right...)

I would go for the 8 if you can afford it. Would have more stable water conditions so easier for him to look after.

I agree, bigger would be better, but it depends on how much money I have at the time. I could take a loan for my mom and pay it off with a summer job... although I am already in debt...
This would be a bigger commitment for me than it would be for him. He gets pretty lazy sometimes, so I would be feeding the fish, and doing all the water changes and cleaning. That's no problem though because with my Aqueon Water Changer, I could have a 50% PWC done in 1 minute. :)

LOL talk about bringing a bazooka to a knife fight :)

I agree, bigger would be better. Definitely would stay away from the 2 gallon... and this is coming from someone who loves small tanks ;)

maxwellag said:
I agree, bigger would be better, but it depends on how much money I have at the time. I could take a loan for my mom and pay it off with a summer job... although I am already in debt...
This would be a bigger commitment for me than it would be for him. He gets pretty lazy sometimes, so I would be feeding the fish, and doing all the water changes and cleaning. That's no problem though because with my Aqueon Water Changer, I could have a 50% PWC done in 1 minute. :)

Aw your such a good brother!

LOL talk about bringing a bazooka to a knife fight :)

I agree, bigger would be better. Definitely would stay away from the 2 gallon... and this is coming from someone who loves small tanks ;)

I also like smaller tanks. That is pretty much all I have right now though. I would never get the two gallon, especially for that price. It isn't worth it. It's only twice as big. I might as well just get a 4 or 5 gallon

maxwellag said:
I forced him to buy a filter for his poor betta in the one gallon. That's still not enough for me though

And a good fish keeper! :D

maxwellag said:
I also like smaller tanks. That is pretty much all I have right now though. I would never get the two gallon, especially for that price. It isn't worth it. It's only twice as big. I might as well just get a 4 or 5 gallon
What about a cheap 10gal and make a DIY sponge filter?

Check Craigslist too Max if budget is a concern. You might find some really good deals for a lot less than you think.

Check Craigslist too Max if budget is a concern. You might find some really good deals for a lot less than you think.

I just did, found nothing. But I did find a Fluval FX5 and Rena XP4 for sale, but not sure how much.

Back
Top Bottom