Aqueon Megaflow Overflow Max GPH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjbass

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anybody know what the max GPH a single Megaflow overflow can handle in an AGA/Aqueon tank? I have a Megaflow 210 with dual overflows.

I have one maxi-jet 4500 for each drain that flows at 1300 GPH, but I have a T with a ball valve set up to regulate it. I am hoping I can get away with these two pumps so I can achieve roughly a 10x turnover rate, but I don't want to overflow my tank obviously.

I have a 150 with dual Megaflows and the manual states the max flow is 600gph each. I'm running a single Quiet one 5000 pump wide open with no ball valves that pumps 1300 gph.

Well I am supposedly pumping 1240 GPH with the maxi-jet 4500 per overflow. Probably with the head loss though I am going to be getting much less than that.

I have some 90 degree elbows on the return line.

Well I have 6 90 degree elbows per return line. This is what I had to do to get it hard plumbed. Plus it is on an Aqueon pine stand. I bet I have about 6' to push the water, plus the elbows. It seems with all of that coupled with the fact that I have the T with a ball valve to relieve into the tank that I will be ok. I am filling tomorrow.

I figure I will open both ball valves all the way and turn the pumps on that way. Then I can slowly close them as the water rises in the tank and stop when it is at the level before overflowing on the floor?

I did not use pvc...just seemed to permanent. I used the supplied soft hoses that came with the tank which measured out at 3 feet to each of the sump inlets.

But as far as operating the ball valves you are correct.

Back
Top Bottom