are biorbs or biube tanks any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marliah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After my last post I have been looking around for a tank for my puffer and I came across the biorb (8gal) and biube (9gal) tanks. Has anyone used either of them? are they any good? I have always preferred glass over acrylic but these look pretty cool.

Anyone have experience with them?

Tara

I had never heard of these (sorry, no useful first-hand insights from me) so I decided to check them out. I also have always preferred glass, but these look great!

I found a website with a "functional diagram", which kind of explains how the filter system works. I hope that helps!

***edit*** so, after posting I found the official Biorb page, which has ever so much more information. oops!

basically here is the low-down and all my opinion but based off some facts

the whole 1 inche per gallon rule is related also to the surface exchange *the amount of water surface area where the water absorbes the air into the tank* since there isnt much air and water contact there isnt much of an exchange to keep the water oxygenated, using a airstone would help a bit but i dont beleive it would help enough to keep a truely happy aquarium

now i do not trust these tanks because the fact that the surface area is soooo extremely small, plus you could only put some boring decorations in there and not much gravel for plants

i would only say they are good for bettas even at 8 or 9 gallons

HTH :D

thats what I was thinking, they are very small even at 8 or 9 gallons. I guess I will steer clear of those. I found a nice 8 gallon corner tank for $39.99 anyway and it would fit really nice on my kitchen counter in my empty place, would make a perfect place for puffer to live (now I just need to save up some $)

Back
Top Bottom