backround

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to put up my backround on my 90 gallon tank using vegetable oil. What is the best way to get the bubbles off? We are trying to use credit cards but, it's not working too well. We have also used a VERY thin coat of it. Thanks in advance.

nah, I read somewhere that it works and stays on 4ever( or for a very long time) LOOKS REALLY NICE! brightens up the whole tank because the color shows up way better. I wish I had before and after pics.

I used a thin coat of vaseline to attach my tank background - basically the same concept as the vegetable oil. It really does make the background look brighter! I used a rubber wallpaper roller to smooth out the bubbles. Note: a large tub of vaseline raises more eyebrows on the checkout line than a big bottle of vegetable oil! :lol: :oops: :lol:

QTOFFER said:
I used a thin coat of vaseline to attach my tank background - basically the same concept as the vegetable oil. It really does make the background look brighter! I used a rubber wallpaper roller to smooth out the bubbles. Note: a large tub of vaseline raises more eyebrows on the checkout line than a big bottle of vegetable oil! :lol: :oops: :lol:

:lol: Yes it does.

Back
Top Bottom