Bacteria bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swifty

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've recently switched my pool filter sand out for tahitian black moon sand. It was exactly one week ago when I did the switch. I noticed a bit of a haze to my tank, and after looking online the cloudiness can only be explained by a bacteria bloom. Its not the sand as I rinsed it for a good hour and let it soak for a day. I believe I caused it when I did the substrate change.

My question is I've seen conflicting ideas of how to deal with it. Some have said to leave the tank alone completely such as no water changes, feeding very lightly, and reducing light schedule. Others say to keep regular maintenance and it'll go away on its own.

Any one with more experience want to share some suggestions/opinons?

When I had mine when starting my tank, I continued to do normal maintenance and it resolved itself pretty quickly. :)

Doing WC's with a B.Bloom won't help. As soon as you put the water in the bloom just comes back. I just continue my regular maintanence schedule and they usually go away pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom