Balas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of taking them to petsmart on Thursday to see what they think. I may just leave them there and replace them. IDK!!

It could be a really aggressive case of ich. Balas are more prone to it, especially young ones. Though usually there are other symptoms too. Have you seen them "scratch" on anything? Like rub up against things like they are itchy? Have you tried medication or just the salt? I'm not a fan of dosing a whole tank for something that only a few fish have but it may be your only option.

Here is a bit of info on Balas and ich that might be helpful.

Bala Shark Disease

Thanks for the article. I am doing a 25% water change today then treating tank with Metafix. Going to get rid of charcoal in filters too. Not sure what if anything is still in tank, but an overall treatment is in order now. Last night I ended up getting rid of the two balas and one angel fish that had gotten itself into the filter tube inlet holes. He wasn't doing so good, swimming in circles or just floating with the current. Used frozen water to let them go quickly also. All other fish are normal and healthy, but still going to take some precautionary measures to make sure all is ok with tank.

Back
Top Bottom