Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 tiger barbs 2 emerald green barbs and 2 green barbs.. one of the green barbs has always had a duller colour than the other green barb but its been acting fne and.eating but every now and agan it will skim across the plants or stones in.the tank but thats been.going on for a well but today i have noticed the other barbs r homing in on it.. there has always been chasing between them and.sometimes attempted nipping but this is like 5 on 1...

Is this fish unwell? Or is it just the unlucky one getting picked on.. i have a 14litre tank that used to have a baby bristlenose in it should i remove this green barb and put it in there is it goung to be ok by itself and will the other 5 be ok just in 5?

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There is 2 light spots on one of his sides but i wouldnt no if they r white or not or weather hes been injured by the others

Sounds like signs of ich to me!!!! The way that I treat ich is by turning my heater up to about 80 degrees and doing large water changes every other day or 2. Between 50% and 70% water changes about 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks usually does the trick!! If that doesn't work then I get a seachem priduct called paraguard. It works great. Just use it how it says on the bottle.

It didnt have any spots on its tail it looked fine ntil this morning wen i noticed it being ganged up on i have other fish in the tank including brisltenoses will they tolerate the temp hike? I would perfer not to use meds to get rid of it

Usually meds aren't needed. Just turn your heater up to 80 gradually and do the water changes. That works 90% of the time!

After having a closer look it looks like scales r missing more than a white spot.. i will do a water change and turn the heater up just in case tge other fish in.the tank r acting a little weird so i thnk the watee change will benefit all of them

Back
Top Bottom