Beat heater for a 5gal Betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a heater in there right now but it sorta fluxuates..... and I dont think thats good for my betta who's just getting over ammonia poisoning and a fungal infection. So whats a good reliable heater that will keep a steady temp? This one moves between 78-85 througout the day. Not quickly but from day to night. Keep in mind its for a five gal tank.

I'd go with the theo 25 watt adjustable submersible heater. $16.99 at Drs.foster and smith. $20.99 at amazon.

Mine is submersible/under sand and keeps the temp at 78F, and I wish it was adjustable but it has a safety feature - if there is a malfunction it stops (and then needs to be replaced,) but at least it shouldn't boil my tank if it goes on the fritz. it is buried under the sand atm, and I can't remember which one, from it's from Petsmart and was around $15 if I remember right. My tank is 6.6G.

I had a Zoo Med for up to 3 gallon and it wasn't enough for the tank.

New one is working well and if the light isn't on it stays good at 78F. I can check for the paperwork to see which one I ended up getting, let me know if you want me to look.

Back
Top Bottom