Best plants for this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all.

I want to know the best plants to stock my tank with. It's 100L and will have gravel base with sand lining it (gravel for filler and sand on top of that). I'll be keeping Kribensis and a couple bristle noses and maybe some Corydoras and tetras. I currently have a piece of driftwood with what looks to be like a larger strain of Anubias Nana (quick 2 minute google search, not overly sure on it.) I would prefer green plants (not red)

Thanks!
Nathan.

Doing your substrate that way will eventually result in the gravel coming to the surface. Is there a reason you dont want all sand?

We also need to know what lighting system you have and how tall the tank is.

Doing your substrate that way will eventually result in the gravel coming to the surface. Is there a reason you dont want all sand?

We also need to know what lighting system you have and how tall the tank is.

+1 the taller the tank the stronger light will be needed.

Easy starter low light plants:
Hornwort, Java Fern, Anubias, some Cryptocoryne species, Java moss.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

IME ultimate cheap & hardy plants for low-tech tanks: Cyptocoryne affinis, Vallisneria spiralis, Sagittaria subulata, Echinodorus subalatus, Vesicularia dubyana, Vesicularia montagnei, Microsorum pteropus, Cabomba caroliniana, Bacopa caroliniana,...

My tanks around 50cm tall and the lightings good. I don't have all sand because I don't want to spend too much money and waste the gravel that I currently have.

Nathan.

Back
Top Bottom