Best type of hang on back filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For my 75 gallon tank what would be the BEST hang on back filter? It has to be 75$ and under.

Thanks in advance

Brian

I like aquaclear filters I run an aquaclear 70 and a sunsuns 303b canister running on my 90g planted tank....... If I was you I'd try to get a canister cause they're alot better to use on big tanks like a 55 and up.... Especially if later down the road you decide to do co2 you'll be able to use reactors and inline heaters..... It'll make you tank look cleaner...... I'm actually wanting to replace my hob with another canister so I have less surface agitation and can get a better co2 level in my tank.... I run a DIY reactor on my canister now and would probably run a inline heater on my second canister

The best HOB for a 75g for under $75... Good luck. I would go with two AC70's (or 110's).

AquaClear are just about the best you can get. Ultimately user friendly and cost of upkeep (media replacement) is nil if you ditch the carbon.

Aqua clear is my favorite HOB filter. I've been using one for a couple years and won't switch to any other HOB

I've been using AquaClears for years, and I'm running two AquaClear 110's on my 75 gallon right now (because I like to over filter), but one is more than adequate for a 75 gallon. My water is always crystal clear, and my parameters are always stable. With AquaClears you get mechanical, chemical and bilogical filtration. And you can use any type of filter media you choose. IMO - they are the best HOB filter you can buy. And the price is right too - while I was in PetSmart the other day, I noticed that they had them on sale for $67.99 (the 110s normally run at about $90.00).

Back
Top Bottom