Best water changing system. Which suits you the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to buy a water changing system which can make my water changing job easy by draining the water and re fill it. I searched Google and there are so many. Which in your opinion is the best so far for you? Thanks.

Python is by far the most popular. Hooks directly to the sink where you can empty and fill your tank. There are better options out there for water efficiency and speed, however python is by far more durable and thus will save you a fair amount of money.

Do they come with faucet adopters or need to buy that separately? This python is not available in my country and I will have to import it. I checked and the shipping charges are 45 USD which is more than the actual price of unit so I need to make sure I order everything at once. Adapters etc to combine shipping charges.

Also please suggest other water changing options too which are good.

Anyone of you guys tried JBL Aqua in-out? Its available at my local online shop.

I would imagine that there's something similar available locally. The Python does come with the adapter for standard US plumbing.

I would imagine that there's something similar available locally. The Python does come with the adapter for standard US plumbing.
Does it include different adapters too? Or just only one?

It's just the one. We have non-standard plumbing in our house (built in 1928), so we had to get a separate adapter.

I would suggest taking the very end bit of your faucet to a hardware store to measure its diameter and thread. That way you'll know what you need.

It's just the one. We have non-standard plumbing in our house (built in 1928), so we had to get a separate adapter.

I would suggest taking the very end bit of your faucet to a hardware store to measure its diameter and thread. That way you'll know what you need.
I see. I have two kinds of faucets so if it doesn't fit will the hardware store comes up with any solution? What they did in ur case? U bought adapter or they made something to fix that like there own made connector or something. Sorry for too many questions but this thing will cost me about 100 dollars so need to make sure my money is not wasted.

partsdiagram.gif

The really important part is 13B. That's the whole mechanism that makes a water changing hose work.

I needed to buy an adapter for outdated plumbing, which was something like $4 at the hardware store.

Oh no... I asked the spouse about plumbing standards worldwide and... Plumbing is not universally standard. If you are getting the Python, you want an adapter that will connect your faucet with 3/4" GHT. He's laughing maniacally.

Where are you?

partsdiagram.gif

The really important part is 13B. That's the whole mechanism that makes a water changing hose work.

I needed to buy an adapter for outdated plumbing, which was something like $4 at the hardware store.

Oh no... I asked the spouse about plumbing standards worldwide and... Plumbing is not universally standard. If you are getting the Python, you want an adapter that will connect your faucet with 3/4" GHT. He's laughing maniacally.

Where are you?
I am from AL Ain city UAE. Not many people know this place. All Are familiar with Dubai. My city AL Ain is like one and half hour from Dubai city but its like a town and few LFS and not too many equipments available like python.

I studied Farsi in undergrad. ? Burj Dubai opened around the same time as when I graduated, and I actually considered working there.

I'm curious now, so I'm going to browse. I'm sure there is something similar in Dubai. There is nothing in the world that is not in Dubai.

I studied Farsi in undergrad. ? Burj Dubai opened around the same time as when I graduated, and I actually considered working there.

I'm curious now, so I'm going to browse. I'm sure there is something similar in Dubai. There is nothing in the world that is not in Dubai.
Very nice to know u have studied here. And Farsi. Just wow. Its very difficult for an English speaking person to learn or even familiar with the Farsi writing style. I am here since 1985 and now I am 37 so almost spend alp my life here.

So sweet of you to searched for me. Yes I always buy from this online store. I mentioned in earlier post about JBL Aqua in out system and read about it but it has a 8m hose which is very small. They don't have separate extension hose. I also looked at my taps and I don't see they have any removable part which they show in demonstration videos. I am still looking into it.
https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/jbl-aqua-in-out-18781p.html

Even if you don't go to that shop, you could check to see if that will fit your plumbing.

I didn't actually study abroad, but the people at Burj Dubai heavily recruited American recent college graduates proficient in Farsi.

I've since had a stroke, so most of my language skills have been lost.

I love the Arabic and Farsi alphabets. They always seemed like living artwork. Of course, we did read a lot of Rumi, so both the words and their meanings were beautiful.

Is an 8 meter hose really to small? I'm pretty sure the Python's is 25 feet, but you're right that you can get an extension. How far do you need the hose to reach?

The removable part of the tap would be the aeration disc. If you look at your faucet, is there any threading inside?

I didn't actually study abroad, but the people at Burj Dubai heavily recruited American recent college graduates proficient in Farsi.

I've since had a stroke, so most of my language skills have been lost.

I love the Arabic and Farsi alphabets. They always seemed like living artwork. Of course, we did read a lot of Rumi, so both the words and their meanings were beautiful.

Is an 8 meter hose really to small? I'm pretty sure the Python's is 25 feet, but you're right that you can get an extension. How far do you need the hose to reach?

The removable part of the tap would be the aeration disc. If you look at your faucet, is there any threading inside?
Thanks and wow u did read Rumi. Just wow. I didn't know Americans have a taste for that. Very nice to know.

I did convert and find out 8 m is almost equal to 25 feet so I guess I am good. Problem is my taps have no removable part. I will re check.

If you have access to pvc pipe, quick disconnect, and garden hose for your outside tap, you can make your own. Pretty simple and works very well. Half the price if not better than buying one. Check it out!
IMG_0181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom