Beta dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had one of my female betas die I now have 2 in the tank with other community fish my question is there anything I should do to the water

I had one of my female betas die I now have 2 in the tank with other community fish my question is there anything I should do to the water

Go ahead and test it. Do you have a liquid test kit? With now there being two, you'll need to make it an odd number. Females make a hierarchy, and when there's an even number, one will get bullied. I'd suggest taking them out, rearranging the tank, and putting them all in at the same time so the territory isn't owned and has an intruder.

Go ahead and test it. Do you have a liquid test kit? With now there being two, you'll need to make it an odd number. Females make a hierarchy, and when there's an even number, one will get bullied. I'd suggest taking them out, rearranging the tank, and putting them all in at the same time so the territory isn't owned and has an intruder.

I have tested water td ph 7 ammonia 0 nitrates 0 nitrites 0. I know about the territory thing reason I got 3 and the 2 left keep fighting I will be taking one out and putting her in a smaller tank till I can get another one or bring that one back I was mainly jw if I had to do water change or anything like that since I did my water change on monday

Nitrates zero? That's unusual. Also, what fish do you have in the tank? What size tank?

Nitrates zero? That's unusual. Also, what fish do you have in the tank? What size tank?

Nitrates 10 sorry it's a 31 gallon I have 1 adf 3 sword tails 2 betas 2 gold barbs 1 corydora ( can't member what kind) 3 neon tetras 2 other kind of tetras and a black shirt terra( I understand that all them should be in schools of 5-7 working on that) an a dwarf gourami the beta that died was picke on badly by the 2 female platys I had in the tank up till yesterday

Nitrates 10 sorry it's a 31 gallon I have 1 adf 3 sword tails 2 betas 2 gold barbs 1 corydora ( can't member what kind) 3 neon tetras 2 other kind of tetras and a black shirt terra( I understand that all them should be in schools of 5-7 working on that) an a dwarf gourami the beta that died was picke on badly by the 2 female platys I had in the tank up till yesterday

Dwarf gouramis and bettas do not get along. They need to be separated before something bad happens. Did you notice anything strange on the body? I just don't wanna tell you everything seems fine if there's something possibly wrong in the tank.

Dwarf gouramis and bettas do not get along. They need to be separated before something bad happens. Did you notice anything strange on the body? I just don't wanna tell you everything seems fine if there's something possibly wrong in the tank.

It's 2 female betas and they get along with the gourami all the fish are peaceful with each other other then the platys from hell I had. Her colour has been gone do weeks now and she seemed a lol swollen compared to the other bettas but she was eating fine all my fish seem to be still normal and look fine

My money is the two stopped getting along or died of stress.

It's 2 female betas and they get along with the gourami all the fish are peaceful with each other other then the platys from hell I had. Her colour has been gone do weeks now and she seemed a lol swollen compared to the other bettas but she was eating fine all my fish seem to be still normal and look fine

Was her scales sticking up kinda like a pinecone? I've had bettas and DGs. They may act like they get along now, but they are not compatible and will eventually show it. I've had similar events in my own tank. It's up to you ultimately.

Was her scales sticking up kinda like a pinecone? I've had bettas and DGs. They may act like they get along now, but they are not compatible and will eventually show it. I've had similar events in my own tank. It's up to you ultimately.

No she didn't she was bloated but I just got the dg and from the bettas behaver I'm surprised she didn't die sooner

What do you mean? You said she was acting normal.

She was up till 2 days ago she started hiding more but like I said she was swollen only rlly normal thing about her she still ate the rest of my fish are acting normal

She was up till 2 days ago she started hiding more but like I said she was swollen only rlly normal thing about her she still ate the rest of my fish are acting normal

Bettas don't really hide like I've read online. Not even Thomas, and he got stuck in the filter intake 5 minutes after I put him in. My bloated bettas didn't even hide. She might've been bullied too much. Sounds like something got to her at least.

Bettas don't really hide like I've read online. Not even Thomas, and he got stuck in the filter intake 5 minutes after I put him in. My bloated bettas didn't even hide. She might've been bullied too much. Sounds like something got to her at least.

Ya she was alway hiding from day one I had her bout a month button main concern is not to loose anymore now

Back
Top Bottom