Betas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you could try a 10-20 gallon tank with female bettas sorority. i think you need about 5?
or
you can keep 2 male bettas in the deep blue professional 5 way betta tank: Petland Discounts, Inc.
Don't put 5 of them in there, not enough space! pop off the top and put a divider in the middle (not sure how to though, since ive never tried it). or only attach the middle divider and put a plant in between so the 2 bettas cant spot each other.
OR
Again use dividers for this: Mr. Aqua Bookshelf / Long Frameless Glass Aquarium Tank
they are long short tanks, perfect for keeping many bettas with dividers. Better this way because you can actually cycle filters easier with bigger sized tanks, rather than keeping bettas in many small bowls/tanks. In addition, heating the whole tank will be easier too. I personally would go with 2 bettas for the 3 gallon, 3 bettas for the 6 gallon, and 5 bettas for the 12 gallon.

btw, just making sure, male bettas cant be together in the same tank, they will attack each other. thats what the dividers are for

Multiple bettas in that Mr Aqua tank would be like keeping them in bowls :(

I personally would not put a single betta in anything less than a 5. I will have to agree to disagree with previous poster.

Agreed on the 5 gallons per betta bit. They really show their personality best when given a little more space to strut their stuff and explore.

I do agree that using dividers in a larger tank is the best way to have multiple males though! Just do it as 2 in a 10 gallon or 4 in a 20 gallon long instead of those little tanks ;) Make sure the divider goes at least 1.5 inches above the water level and/or flush with the top though, as bettas are quite accomplished jumpers if they decide they want to pick a fight over the wall.

to each their own i guess.
my rationale with it was because they are shallow tanks. the footprint of these tanks give it more swim space horizontally than vertically. This is possibly one of the few ways to keep many bettas in the smallest space possible as the OP wanted to ask about. I personally keep a betta in a 2.5 gallon shallow nano tank with no problems...

Of course, if space isn't an isssue then bigger tanks is definitely better for any fish.

Back
Top Bottom