Betta attacking neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a ten with 3 neons, a guppy trio and a betta. The betta has bit the top caudal point off one neon, and the other has a wound and both points are gone. Oddly enough, he is not attacking the guppies. I am thinking about moving my neons (after quarantine) to my 75 with my young angels and just see what happens. I do not have another tank for the neons at the moment and they are getting attacked in my ten. What should I do?

Bettas are finicky and many are simply not good tank mates. I had a female which was hyper aggressive and would kill my other fish at night. Definitely try moving to the angels ive had 2 angle tanks and they usually arent agressive except when spawning. Fair warning: you may see the same issue with the guppies once the neons are gone.

I have a ten with 3 neons, a guppy trio and a betta. The betta has bit the top caudal point off one neon, and the other has a wound and both points are gone. Oddly enough, he is not attacking the guppies. I am thinking about moving my neons (after quarantine) to my 75 with my young angels and just see what happens. I do not have another tank for the neons at the moment and they are getting attacked in my ten. What should I do?

A 10g just doesn't give them room to escape. And if you can add several more Neons once you move them. They sometimes nip each other if you have less than 6.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decided to move the betta to a spare 2.5 gallon I got set up tonight. I'm gonna keep the neons in the ten.

Yeah good move. Bettas aren't known for playing nice with others. Maybe a snail but that's all I would add when you move him to a 5 later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ill haveto post a thread tommorw on my tank. I got this sweet looking deer antler in their and some nice rocks too.

Deer antler! That's so awesome. What a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My betta killed my snail she would wrap herself around him or butt him till he fell off the glass or try to approach him on the bottom of the tank. They were bought and put in at the same time. So she remains solo in her tank.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah I see you are on top of this!

I boiled the antler for like an hour and a half before putting it in the tank also. A lot of the calcium and thingsnshould be out, and the driftwood will buffer the leftovers.

My betta killed my snail she would wrap herself around him or butt him till he fell off the glass or try to approach him on the bottom of the tank. They were bought and put in at the same time. So she remains solo in her tank.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In this tank I have one blue ramshorn a few MTS no problems so far, he just looks at em funny.

Update: My lfs was closed so I couldnt get driftwood rubble to buffer the ph. I tested today and the antler has definantly raised the ph up. It is 7.6 in the 2.5 and my other tanks are 7.0

Back
Top Bottom