Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I went to feed my male Betta today I saw a whole bunch of bubbles in his 1 gallon aquarium. I did not know what it was then I thought it might be a bubble nest. Dose anyone know what it might be? here is a pic.

image-3055935214.jpg

image-4273511194.jpg

Thanks

I believe that is a bubble nest. Bettas and other labyrinth breathers make em.

Agreed. It is just a bubble nest. Bettas and other labyrinth dish make them. Nothing to be concerned about.

its a gamble, i wouldn't try it unless you have breeding experience

Well are breeding guppies like breeding bettas? Because I have bred plenty of guppies!

noot at alll, guppies are wayy easier than bettas, sorry :/

Well are breeding guppies like breeding bettas? Because I have bred plenty of guppies!
Nooooooooooooooo!
Bettas are much more aggressive, breeding them is not as easy. If you can find a female who is mature and ready, you have a chance, but if you add a female who isn't ready, then they may kill each other.

female bettas will get dark lines on her side while the males will get more color on the back of the fish more like spots and stuff. You should place the female in the plastic cup you bring the home in and keep it out side the tank so he can see and get to know her. Then introduce her in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom