betta tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup. My first Betta was a birthday present in a bowl named Ruby that I got when I was eight. I've learned a lot since.

Viperchaos said:
Cories are from brazil , bettas are cambodian/thailand
You could keep many red honey gourami or kissing gourami . in a 20 gal with a siamese fighter :)

This is kind off topic but a kissing gourami would get WAY too big for a 20 gallon.
I read that they can get to 8 inches and need around 50+ gallons.

I would suggest the soft fake plants instead of plastic, so his fins don't rip. If you run a pair of pantyhose over the decoration and it doesn't snag, then it'll probably be okay for a Betta.

im going to be using live plants in my tank i dont like fake ones. Thinking about a carpet of dwarf hairgrass, and some willow moss i already put apiece of hornwort in with him

no i try to make my aquariums as natural as possible not a whole lot of fake stuff (deco) goes in my tanks i like using real rocks and plants and when i can i try to use a soil/pfs substrate

I once kept a male and female in a fluval edge, last year.

It worked out, only because I had a ton of DW and moss and random plants I was sold.

They had babies...

But the fry died.

:(

Back
Top Bottom