betta tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cories are from brazil , bettas are cambodian/thailand
You could keep many red honey gourami or kissing gourami . in a 20 gal with a siamese fighter :)

Viperchaos said:
Cories are from brazil , bettas are cambodian/thailand
You could keep many red honey gourami or kissing gourami . in a 20 gal with a siamese fighter :)

The cories and Betta can still be kept together. The op has a five gallon though. And I don't recommend any tankmates in a five gallon.

No me neither :) It will just attack them on sight :( that would be sad :(

Other labyrinth breathers are hit and miss with bettas. Same as any other fish. Depends on the personality. Cories work well IMO. They stay on the bottom and usually the Betta isn't bothered by them. Not suggesting cories in this case though. I would try shrimp. Ghost shrimp are cheap so use them as guinea pigs. If all goes well them move into more expensive shrimp.
Bettas are prone to bloat if over fed. The stomach is the size of their eye so 2 pellets a day is heaps. Fast once a week and feed a blanched pea once a week as well. They can be fed blood worms and brine shrimp occasionally but can cause bloat.
The perfect temp for bettas IMO is 80*F.
Real plants are best but silk work well too. Run any decorations and fake plants over a pair of nylon stockings to see I there are any snags that could catch the bettas fins. They like to rest on large leafed plants and to have a cave to hide in.
Make sure there is a lid with no gaps in the tank. They are prone to jumping. Keep the water level a little low so there is an air pocket at the top of the tank. Bettas need access to the top of the water.

got my new friend home and all set upin his new tank i'll try to post pics tomm thx again everyone for the advice and tips greatly appreciated

Why not a snail? Sorry, but I find them to be awesome little guys that will help with cleaning:brows: The fish stores around me have a 14 day return policy, see if the stores around you do. If they do you could always buy a snail, test the betta, then return it if you really don't like the snail.

ive just had bad luck with snailsmyself they dont want to seem to live in my tank ive tried em twice and theyve both died on me

noobaquarists said:
ive just had bad luck with snailsmyself they dont want to seem to live in my tank ive tried em twice and theyve both died on me

Aww that's sad:(. I see why. But do post pictures of your new little friend! I really want to see him!

Peas:

Put some in a cup of dechlorinated water

Microwave for 2 minutes

Gut them

Nom nom!

this is the clearest shot i could get of him he's very shy im guessing its cause of his stressfull day

Attachments

• P221211_19.23_[01].jpg
    P221211_19.23_[01].jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom