Big Al's question on shipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought my boyfriend an aquarium stand from Big Als for Xmas and Im wondering if the box will say Big Als and have a label or a big fish or something on it that will give it away (granted, I think he knows already Im getting one for him).

For those who have had things shipped from big als- do you remember if it was a plain box or should I keep an eye out for it in case it has something on it?

I have never ordered from Big Al's but every other place I have ordered has the company name plastered all over the boxes. Most likely they will too. But then again I never ordered from them.

i just ordered a filter from big als the other day... it was a cascade 1500 filter, but the cardboard box it was shipped in was a magnum 300 box... go figure! to answer your question yes they usually have some type of writing on the box (depending on size)

rich311k said:
Mine orders seem to come in whatever box they have laying around.

Same here. My last two orders were shipped in re-used boxes from companies that had nothing to so with aquariums. However, there was a humongous Big Al's sticker slapped on the side.

I don't know how they deal with relly big items like stands - it may very well be shipped directly from the manufacturer, in which case there's no hiding who it's from.

kinda makes you wonder about bigals when they use different boxes... like maybe they are selling you second hadn merchandise? Or closeout type stuff? Who knows ... all i know is that www.petsolutions.com has cheaper stuff and better shipping prices. And everything ive ordered has been brand new in the package.

well.... actual i was just checking and i would say that petsolution has comparable prices... they are about pennies different (Shipping at petsolutions was 7.44, Shipping at big als was 7.45).

All my boxes have been just cardboard boxes, and the only thing with Big al's name was the shipping label on the box.

Everything that I have purchased from Big Al's has always come in the original box and the products have never been used. Something great about them is that if you find a product for cheaper on another site, they will match the price and knock off 5%. Therefore they are the cheapest place to purchase from. :)

When we order from them the box that it comes in varies. We have gotten some in Big Al's boxes and other times it has come in varies boxes. One time I ordered plant stuff and it came in a shipping box that said Live Lobster on the side. LOL But I bet its just boxes that they get from other companies. When they ship out so much product they have to get boxes from somewhere, and why not get them free from other places that are just going to pitch them.

The cardboard boxes they send do usually seem to be that they use many different ones, usually unrelated to the product(s). I have noticed though that their shipping rates have just recently all gone up $0.50.

Back
Top Bottom