Bigger Tank or Filter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrism

Aquarium Advice Freak
All the best for the new year guys :)

Guess what i've done today?

Hint: It involves a 50 Litre Bin, 2 scrubbing pads, 2 Car journeys, and a lot of fish poo!!

ok you'll never guess :p I (with the help of a friend) stripped down his parents fish tank and brought it over to my place...

I now have a 8-9" plec and three tiger barbs in about 70 l of water, with filter and heater and a airstone... which are meant to be going back into a 2' foot (20 gal) tank, however i think as would most other people the plec should be in a larger tank.

So i've been looking on the net for some rough idea's on price OH MY GOD THESE THINGS AREN'T CHEAP! i could end up paying £140 for a tank thats only 20cm longer than the one i've got! I've only got wall space of 1m to put a tank and living in a loft conversion doesnt make getting tank into my room very easy!!

My question is, I guess, is it worth spending all that extra money for a larger tank? Or would i be better investing it in a XP1 canister filter?

EDIT: I should have mentioned its one of these Juwel Tanks that come with 'everything you need' i have no idea how good the filtration or heater are, but it does look like there's plenty of room for filter media

I'd opt for the tank. IMO bigger is better. You can always make up for less than perfect mechanical filtration with water changes, and bio filtration with a few inexpensive sponge filters. :wink:

LOL. I had to edit my post 3 times for spelling errors and I haven't even started drinking yet.

Happy New Year All (and keep the people of S Asia in your thoughts)

thats true, I guess its time to start saving!

Jst wish i had my own place so i could get a proper sized tank lol

Back
Top Bottom