black ghost knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just bought a black ghost knife and it is one of the weirdest behaving fish i have ever seen. mine wedges itself through my plants and sleeps upside down all day!! i am looking for any information or weird habits of other peoples black ghost knife. looking forward to your response. :D

I've never had one, but I've read that they appreciate a straight piece of PVC pipe to hide in. They're shy and nocturnal, but will come out more during the day if the tank is heavily planted with lots of floating plants to shade the fish from bright lights.

They reach a size of 18 inches, so you can keep it in your 20 gallon for maybe a couple of years, but eventually it should be moved to a tank thats 2 feet wide (120 gallons minimum JMO).

HTH

ya i just bought a 35 gallon hex tank that i was planning on putting him in with maybe a few angels. i did put in a peice of the pvc pipe but he wont go in it. he always just chills out in the plant i have in the corner of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom