Black Molly is hiding from me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you!! He doesn't like them. He wants a dwarf gourami? Also did you see my Molly?

Do you know your water pH and hardness? Gourami can be very particular.

I can't tell from the pictures of your molly unfortunately. I would need a side shot of her exposed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My water hardness is only 30mg for some unknown reason and my pH level is 7.0.

You could try a dwarf gourami. They are very particular about water parameters in my experience, so you would have to make sure you keep up with consistent water changes.
Also, they really like to have some floating plant cover to hide in. Hornwort is pretty inexpensive and undemanding.

What do those plants need in order to live? Any special lighting or sand? Right now I have LED lighting and regular aquarium gravel.

Hornwort can just be floating for cover. .. no need to plant it. It can grow in pretty much any light with no help.

As long as you acclimate the fish to your water parameters properly, it should be okay. I have very hard water and my gourami is fine.... I just drip acclimated him for about 2 hours.

Sounds pretty easy! Plants really aren't my thing but I'm seriously thinking about trying this.

Okay! I'm still going to try to talk him into to those fish you told me about last night! I love them!

Back
Top Bottom