Bloated Belly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kraabi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had this platy in my tank for 3 weeks now. His tank mate died, so I got him a different one. He HATES this new one. Constantly was chasing it around and cornering it. I put the new one in an isolation tank and will be taking him back. I was also told the wrong information. I got told two male Platies can be together, which I now know is false and another reason the new one is being taken back. However, my Platy I had for awhile now looks kind of swollen. He was scavengering for food on the bottom of the tank even though he got fed this morning. What could this swolleness be from? Bloated from eating the extra food? From stress of the new fish? Help! He’s my favorite and I don’t want anything to be wrong with him The close up, brighter picture was taken Tuesday. The darker picture was just taken. It’s not a huge different but I can tell there’s a slight difference.

Attachments

• DC4AC193-1011-46B4-A1C8-DE2A87658787.jpg
    DC4AC193-1011-46B4-A1C8-DE2A87658787.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 57
  • F0C9C48A-6F15-4EE8-A814-ADD3A8B2D314.jpg
    F0C9C48A-6F15-4EE8-A814-ADD3A8B2D314.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 59
What does the poop look like?

What kind of food are you feeding?

You could try feeding him peas just a few - cooked - the inside of the round pea, you can add a squeeze of fresh garlic juice on the peas to help make it more tasty for the fish.

This helps him poop more, relieve constipation. I can't really see well in the pics.

Back
Top Bottom