Books?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if there are any good books? I saw one today by Tyosho Sageti or something. He was japanese and the book was white. I really liked it. Does any one know the name of it?

I found a GREAT small manual called "Aquarium Plants Manual". It's published by Barron's and written by Ines Sheurmann.

The reason I like it, is because it is cheap, it is concise and it really is great to have on-hand as a reference book. I found it at my LFS and it is a great resource. It shows how to prune various plants, talks about hardiness and light requirements, and also has great pics of how the plants should look when healthy or sick.

For beginners, it's terrific.

Bondstreet

I have one called 'You & Your Aquarium" by D.Mills

It is really well written, has tons of great photos and illustrations and is an awesome reference guide for fish and plant species as well as diseases and general maintenance advise.

Any Book store will carry books on the hobby
I have the plants manual aswell BondStreet good little book.
I was looking at the bookstore and almost bought the Aquarium Plant Encylpedia.

Chris.

This list is great. Something this site has needed since day one was a freshwater suggested readings list. We have one for salt.

Keep the ideas comming. Once we have a good list Ill make up a suggested readings list with links to amazon.

I also Checked out used book stores and once again there were lots of refrence there aswell Aqurium fish atlas but the dates were behind and we all know how the Scientific names of species tend get altered with time. So i left it on the shelf.

Chris

I did some research and found the guys name.

Takashi Amano. Man are his tanks great. I am going to get his book for my Bday.

Last fall I picked up Takashi Amano's "Nature Aquarium World". AWESOME!!!

Great for pictures and layouts, very inspirational. NOT good on technical details (lighting, subsrate, ferts, etc...)

The aquascapes are amazing, I will never come close to his work. Also, he is a pro photographer so he really knows how to get the best shots of everything. All his work is worth looking at ,at the very least, if not purchasing.

Ok. I have compiled a list of the books talked about in this thread so far and for everyones convience there are links to amazon.com.

Aquarium Plants Manual by by Ines Scheurmann, Dennis W. Stevenson

You and Your Aquarium by Dick Mills

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock
Just released this month.

Aquarium Designs Inspired by Nature by Peter Hiscock
Note on the above book. It will be released in May.

Nature Aquarium World by Takashi Amano

Nature Aquarium World: Book 2 by Takashi Amano

Nature Aquarium World: Book 3 by Takashi Amano

Ecology of the Planted Aquarium: by Diana L. Walstad

This list can be added to if anyone else has a book they like that is not listed. I would enjoy anyone willing to PLEASE write a book review in our review section. You can access this at the bottom of any page.

Back
Top Bottom