Boring tank, need ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you do a search on the forum there is a link to various fixtures Par levels which would tell you where you light level is. I've used Corallife T5HO fixtures and they did the job but I'd heard some say the reflectors aren't as good as many others are. I think good bulbs also matter which is why I use Geisemann bulbs in all my T5HO fixtures that they fit. I still think you'd be somewhere in the medium light range.

Oh.. I was also going to suggest re-scaping/redecorating your tank instead of adding new stock. A change in scenery can make things more interesting for you and your fish.

Very true! Just switching things around for a fresh new look can make a huge difference!

I would also suggest a few more Cory cats since they should be in the groups. & something as simple as guppies can really add A LOT of activity and color to your tank. Plus they breed really easily which can bring a lot of fun and excitement as well!

There's some pics of the tank in my updated tank pics album, I'd upload them straight to the thread but my phone won't let me for some reason. It says "exceeds quota by ..."

Took a trip to lfs today and made an impulse buy. Got an orange ballon Molly. He was just so cute and I think they swim differently than other fish cause of they're big tummy. I like it :)

Also saw cherry barbs but they weren't looking to good so I decided to wait till next trip.

Had a massive hair algae outbreak in the tank? Very weird as my tank has been running for over 2+ years. Could it have been cause I'd been busy and didn't do a water change for 3 weeks? I've had it go with no change for 2 weeks before while I was on vacation so I was just very surprised. I had to toss out a few plants cause they were covered in it. What should I do?

Only run lighting 6 hours until algae is gone and get a couple 50% WC's done to lower all nutrient levels.

I like serpaes and GBR's. Yeah they're a little nippy, but I am amused by their little bluffing, spinning confrontations with each other. Mine never harm anything and the gbr's actually react to me when I am at the tank. OS.

Only run lighting 6 hours until algae is gone and get a couple 50% WC's done to lower all nutrient levels.

Ok will do! I've been keeping it on for 12 hours recently. I'd like to invest in a timer

Back
Top Bottom