Brand names of good test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittymoore

Aquarium Advice Newbie
DOes anyone have a good list of brand-name test kits for FW acquarium newbies? Is there a good Internet source for these kits and other supplies? My local acquarium guy is too interested in selling his own advice. Please help... :D

I use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals liquid tests. Reliable, at least in my experience. They come with vials and reagents; you can pick em up at the lfs without needing any input from your guy *grin*

I also use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. The liquid tests take a little longer...the nitrate test, you gotta shake a minute here, have it sit for 5 minutes there, lol. As Allivymar said, it's well worth it. Lol, sometimes I like to pretend I am a scientist with all those vials!

My boyfriend uses the test strips from Mardel. They aren't as accurate....more like "in the range of". They are a lot quicker though. Dip one in and read the results.

I have used both dry and liquid Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test. I like the liquid because its just faster. Dry tabs you have to shake until they disolve. But I think that the dry tabs might be more accurate...not sure...have had a strange situation with that in the past 2 days...one verses the other. One says perfect and the other says Whoa....AMMONIA! So I personally like the liquid for the fact that it is an instant result.

Back
Top Bottom